Media Resources for Wisconsin Singers' On-Campus Shows
A complete list of songs from this year's show, "Can't Stop Dancin'!" Download here.
Facts about Wisconsin Singers organization and this year's show. Download here.
Why is this event newsworthy?
- The Wisconsin Singers is a troupe of UW’s most talented students from a variety of majors who travel Wisconsin performing for over 50,000 people each year as “Official Ambassadors of Goodwill” of UW.
- Can’t Stop Dancin’! is an up-beat, entertaining show highlighting American pop music from the past five decades that audiences of all ages can sing along to.
- As the 50th anniversary season, this is Singers’ most exciting show yet, featuring captivating vocals, stunning choreography, big band sound and Badger spirit.
- Professional choreographers, arrangers, and directors lend their talents to create the show, including Wisconsin Singers alumni.
- The students spent three weeks in the summer to create the show and spend 15 hours a week during the academic year rehearsing.
News Story Ideas
- UW’s most talented students, the Wisconsin Singers, are taking the stage for their production in [location]
- Wisconsin Singers students don’t spend their Sundays studying – they practice for their upcoming performances around the state
- Local high school swing choirs perform with Wisconsin Singers, UW-Madison’s professional entertainment troupe
- This year celebrates the anniversary of 50 years of Wisconsin Singers
- Nearly 1,000 graduates of UW have trained through Wisconsin Singers in the art of American pop music over the past half century
- Wisconsin Singers was the first collegiate performing company in the nation when the group started in 1967
- Wisconsin Singers is UW’s only “Official Ambassador of Goodwill” because of its statewide community outreach
- UW students keep music in their lives after high school through Wisconsin Singers
Wisconsin Singers in the news