Media Resources for Wisconsin Singers' On-Campus Shows
A complete list of songs from this year's show, "Can't Stop Dancin'!" Download here.
Facts about Wisconsin Singers organization and this year's show. Download here.
Why is this event newsworthy?
- The Wisconsin Singers is a troupe of UW’s most talented students from a variety of majors who travel Wisconsin performing for over 50,000 people each year as “Official Ambassadors of Goodwill” of UW.
- Can’t Stop Dancin’! is an up-beat, entertaining show highlighting American pop music from the past five decades that audiences of all ages can sing along to.
- As the 50th anniversary season, this is Singers’ most exciting show yet, featuring captivating vocals, stunning choreography, big band sound and Badger spirit.
- Professional choreographers, arrangers, and directors lend their talents to create the show, including Wisconsin Singers alumni.
- The students spent three weeks in the summer to create the show and spend 15 hours a week during the academic year rehearsing.
- This is the only time all year that the Singers perform in their “hometown” of Madison.
- Acclaimed area show choirs Madison East Encore and Marshall Show Choir will share the stage with their collegiate colleagues.
News Story Ideas
There are many ways to angle your story about Wisconsin Singers’ organization and on-campus show. Examples include:
- UW’s most talented students, the Wisconsin Singers, are taking the stage for their annual production
- Wisconsin Singers perform only once at their home stage in Madison because they travel to perform in Wisconsin communities the rest of the year
- You don’t have to go to Camp Randall to experience the Fifth Quarter – Wisconsin Singers has one at the Overture Center this November
- NBC Today Show host Siri Pinter-Daly, a Wisconsin Singers alumna, returns to Madison to make a guest appearance at the Wisconsin Singers show
- Wisconsin Singers students don’t spend their Sundays studying – they practice for their upcoming performance
- Local high school swing choirs perform with Wisconsin Singers, UW’s professional entertainment troupe
- This year celebrates the anniversary of 50 years of Wisconsin Singers
- Nearly 1,000 graduates of UW have trained through Wisconsin Singers in the art of American pop music over the past half century
- Wisconsin Singers was the first collegiate performing company in the nation when the group started in 1967
- Wisconsin Singers is UW’s only “Official Ambassador of Goodwill” because of its statewide community outreach
- UW students keep music in their lives after high school through Wisconsin Singers