Wisconsin Singers Quick Facts
General Singers Facts
- Showcases 29 of UW Madison’s most talented singers, dancers, and instrumentalists from a variety of majors across campus.
- Entertains 50,000 people with over 40 shows annually throughout the United States
- Conducts free music workshops for more than 1,000 high school and junior high students every year
- Has raised more than one million dollars in scholarships for deserving UW students
- Raises thousands of dollars annually for service organizations, music boosters and a variety of other community initiatives throughout the state and nation
- A 49-year tradition of educating future leaders through internships and hands-on experience in a real-world setting
- "Official Ambassadors of Goodwill” for UW Madison since 1967
2016-2017 Show Facts
- The show, In Living Color!, entertains audiences with Broadway-caliber revue of the past fifty years of “colorful” American pop music.
- Energetic, fact-paced, 90-minute performance showcasing a full troupe of singers, dancers, and instrumentalists.
- Features songs by well-known artists from Judy Garland and Elvis Presley to Beyonce and Bruno Mars.
- Show is choreographed and arranged by professional Broadway artists, including Cinderella assistant choreographer Kristine Bendul.
- Wisconsin Singers band will entertain with an impressive medley of jazz classics.
- Every show includes music from UW Madison’s famous “Fifth Quarter” that has the audience singing Varsity and On Wisconsin while learning “how to Bucky.”
- Full of explosive song and dance, big band sound, Badger spirit, and even laugh-out-loud humor.